Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sick kids

Just a quick update on how we are doing. My maternity leave started on Jan 17 and by Jan 19th I got the flu and of course Wes and the kids got it too. It was a rough week. We started doing better but the cough is still hanging on. Hoping it goes away soon. Brianna had gone back to school but this past Wednesday, Feb 2nd, she said she didn't feel good and that her throat hurt. She didn't look or act that sick so being a good Mom I sent her to school. Later that afternoon the teacher called and said she had fallen asleep on the floor at school. I went and picked her up and brought her home to discover she had a temp of almost 102. I really felt like a terrible Mom at that point. Thankfully I had already called the pediatrician's office that morning to get an appointment just to have her checked out since the sore throat was new and the next appointment they had was on Thursday. I took her to the appointment on Thursday and was quite surprised when she was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doctor said she still looked pretty good but definitely has pneumonia. We started her on an antibiotic and she has strict orders to rest and watch movies all weekend. She has enjoyed reminding me that the "doctor said I get to watch movies." After 2 days of antibiotics she seems to be doing a little better but still not her usual active self. Kierra had been doing fine on Wednesday and Thursday but of course by Friday her cough has worsened and she started a low grade fever. She seems fine otherwise so I am just watching her for now. We are praying that all of us get well very soon since I am scheduled for C-section next Friday, Feb 11. Please pray with us that we will all be well. Hope you all are having a great week.

2 comments:

Liz said...

How I sympathize! I'll pray it will all be gone for the sweet one's arrival. Can't wait to hear that he's here!

NatalieJo said...

Saw pix of your new little one on Dana's facebook! Soo sweet! Congrats to you all! Good to "see" your family if only in pix :(